Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hockey tonight!

With the forecast calling for cold (-6C) temperatures on Monday morning, I decided to move my 35 min run to after work when it would be warmer, as the swim I had planned for the evening was a lesson which I didn't think would take too much out of me.

I ran a nice and easy 35 mins, had a snack and then headed to the pool for my 7:30 lesson. I was there at 7:25 and when the instructor hadn't shown by 7:40, I convinced myself to get in the pool anyway, even though I wasn't feeling it. I ended up doing a quick 30 min swim with a lot of drills as I didn't feel up to a long or hard continuous swim. I think I finally figured out the fingertip drill - yes that is where my swimming is. But its coming along so at least there is progress.

I'm still not sure what happened on the no-show. Both Graeme and I were there when the time was set so I know I was not wrong. I will have to call and find out but I didn't get around to that last night.

Want to know what our living room looks like right now? Like a gym. Two bikes on trainers and every piece of self massage equipment there is. Apparently couples time is now both of us on the trainer in the living room doing our separate workouts.

Tuesday's workout was 40 mins, including some intervals which made me pukey. My quads felt awful on the first 5 min interval and I really didn't think I'd make it through the next 3, but I did. Watching the poor tennis players swelter in the Australian Heat at the Aussie Open helped to pass the time. There is something about intervals that somehow make the time go way faster, but during the interval each second seems like an eternity.

And now to Wednesday. I was lucky enough to be given 2 tickets to the Canucks/Nashville game tonight. It's a 7:30 start so I will run from the gym by my work and then meet Graeme for a quick bite before heading to the game. Pleasepleaseplease let them win. I had the "pleasure" of attending the last game against Phoenix which I think was one of the worst games I have ever seen. A win would be a really good way to start of the last part of the season.

Go Canucks!

1 comment:

jen said...

I would love to have a second trainer, but for now we just share. It's a pain changing the bikes out though.

Have fun tonight!!