Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And the snow continues

Well the last couple weeks have had many firsts for me. Mostly related to the snow. A run on snow packed trails and then in a foot of snow and a full snowstorm on the city streets. Both felt more like core and strength workouts and calling them "runs" may be pushing it considering the pace I was going. My quads were thrashed after those back to back snowy runs. I felt like I was using my glutes way more as well, which is something I have been trying, not very successfully, to do in my normal running. It seems that a lot of my injury issues over the last few years have to do with my stride and the fact that I do not engage my glutes when I run. I do have exercises to strengthen them, though lately I have not been very consistent doing them.

Some of the snowiness.

No comments: